TMNT RPG and Fandom Forum
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Got Plots?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
avatar

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Wherever the drugs are.

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:19 pm

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookay. uh. no. We should have OC interaction with all story lines. especially those OCs who have gotten close to the turtles. Not sure why Mike has to be kidnap I do like the idea of Don getting kidnapped though the whole kidnapping thing has been done to death. Yeah I guess I'll throw Bax into the mix though mutagen isn't really he thing unless he's mutating robots. I don't think aliens should be brought in at all. Other dementions and all of that just make things messy.

Back to the OCS you really think if one of the turtles do get kidnapped their thug friends aren't going to try and help? Of course they are. And yes M's oc needs more play time, being a baddie I can understand how am OC can be pushed to the side. I myself am making another foot OC so we'll see how that goes.

also this whole "next story line" is confusing to me. We have a story line, why wouldn't we just continue with what we have, or am I miss reading?

Drama is good for rping lack of drama can make things boring.

these are just my thoughts on things. as far my own plot ideas I don't have any at this moment. Though I would like to see more done with the dragons.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
D-Tron

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-08-24
Age : 31
Location : NC

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Because not every storyline has to be OC Dragons and The Foot Clan. Otherwise, I'll never get to use Bishop unless it's to push along some OC for no reason. There are other characters aside from Shredder and OC PD's and the canons are being pushed to the side to make room for OC's. No, OC's don't need to be involved in every single plot either. They're OC's because they're side characters, not main characters. The main PC's need to be up front for this one since this plot doesn't concern the Dragons at all.

Not sure why they need to help at all considering the PD's are supposed to be villains. Why would they help the turtles anyway? That's like a complete 180. It's like The Foot helping Channel 6 get a story, it doesn't make sense. And Mike needs to be captured because it makes it more effective than an OC only one or two people know about where as a turtle canon would be an even bigger deal. Baxter doesn't need to be interested in the mutagen, Bishop is. That's the point. Baxter would just be helping him.

I'm sure Bax couldn't turn down money, no matter what it's for or who he's helping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntthebeginning.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
avatar

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Wherever the drugs are.

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:31 pm

I wasn't saying a turtle SHOULDN'T be kidnapped (though it's been done to death) I was just wondering why it was Mike. It would make more sense to be Don because not only could Bishop get the mutagen but I'm sure Don could be convince to give other info of their humainoid fate.

The dragons as a whole wouldn't want to save the turtles, of course Hun isn't going to care. But Lexi will, Mikko will, maybe Gabe,. (not eze, eze don't care)

And I personally don't like rping a story with out OCs in it. Playing a canon is fine and all but I most enjoy my OCs.

Yeah I suppose Bax could use the money. *shrugs*

I still vote no to the aliens and portals and stuff though. but in the end I guess I'll go with whatever. I mean if I don't like it I don't have to play, right?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
D-Tron

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-08-24
Age : 31
Location : NC

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:54 pm

Then you don't have to participate unless you want to. Like I said, I just thought you may since it'd involve two of your canons with Leo and Baxter. But I'm not forcing anyone to play it. I'd just find it incredibly odd that Leo would be absent from saving his own brother from a cynical government agent wanting to drain his mutagen from him. I know you're a mostly OC player and I think that's part of the problem. If you take a canon, then why not use them? They need focus and play just as much as one of your OCs.

Especially if it involves a turtle. I thought the point of having a TMNT site was, I dunno, actually wanting to play the turtles. If they're just going to be background characters then why bother? :/ Plus, it'd give Splinter, April, Kitsune and other canons who have yet to really do anything finally get involved in something. The OCs are not needed for this plot. Unless Erica wants in, because she needs to have some fun with her charrie too, then the OCs aren't pivotal to this particular plot.

Mostly just the canons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntthebeginning.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Erica Martins
Moderator


Posts : 885
Join date : 2014-10-18
Age : 18
Location : solitary confinemnet

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 pm

I want in.

Use ocErica as seen fit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 am

I probably shouldn't say anything at all because I'm confident that I'm going to make people mad since I've seemed to fudge up things by even having OCs, but what the hell. That's what this thread is for, right? Getting it out there, discussing plots and whatnot, and feelings on the 'Do's and Don'ts'.


First of all, I'm just going to say that this is D's plot and if he wants a 'no OC.. but maybe one or two' rule, that's his choice. That doesn't mean that there can't be a sister thread for the OCs to interact in. I'm sure the crew will be mostly engaged with trying to get Gabriel through this. So, there's a little something to keep some of them occupied. However, I do have to say that I agree with Mikko that it's going to be a bit strange when one of the Turtles are kidnapped and none of their friends seem to care. :/ We'll need to come up with some explanation for that so it doesn't seem too weird. Maybe the Turtles were too focused on getting their brother back and no one knows what is going on.

And while we're on the subject of Turtles and them having Dragon friends, yes, in normal circumstances that would be 'weird' or a complete 180. Because yes, the majority of the Dragons wouldn't set out to befriend turtles. I just don't see why there can't be exceptions, because rule of thumb in life in general is that not everything out of any particular group is cut from the same mold. It just so happens that ONE PD befriended them because.. *gasp* Lexi isn't all 'Hail, Purple Dragons Forever!!!1!<3~!' Yes, she is a PD but she's independent on how she feels because like I said, she doesn't bleed Purple. I think with gangs you have different circumstances for why you are involved so devotion levels will vary. I know not everyone shares this opinion and that's okay. This is just mine and how I choose to play that particular character...and I'm sure it turns stomachs. Gabriel is indifferent, really. I've already explained to you guys that he wasn't necessarily protecting Leo when Mikko and Junko showed up. Ultimately he was protecting Lexi. I'm sure once this rescue happens (IF it happens) he will have different thoughts about the Turtles since they showed up.. but I guess we'll have to see what happens if this plot gets completed.


I know I expressed several times that the whole message behind Gabriel being made an example out of was to convey the message of what befriending Turtles would do for you. That would have given fodder for our current Dragons.. but somehow it became about Mikko?? I know M made a mistake and mentioned in her post that Gabriel knew Mikko, and that's the reason she brought him in. I said something to her and I think she changed it in that post, but it was too late. D had already read the old one and went with it. Before I could say anything, it seemed that route was already set. :/ It would have created too much of a mess trying to correct it. But yeah. That was supposed to be about the Turtles, not Mikko. But, shit happens. :/


As far as Junko being put on the back burner.. I thought she was pretty included? She seemed to be as much as the other OCs, at least. I'm a bit confused. And how is she being used to make another char look better, and what character is this happening with? If you want her more involved, I'm sure we can brainstorm to make that happen.. but seeing as there will be no OCs in the pending plot, it may have to wait for awhile. Unless this rule is just for Dragons? I don't know. I do understand D making the exception for Erica's character since she is the only one who has yet to be involved, and that's the only char that RPer plays.



In a nut-shell, yes. I agree we need a canon driven plot, and I'm excited that Bishop and Baxter will come into play and get some air time. Also excited that there may possibly be a need for April.. who knows. Am I in agreement that there should be NO OCs in the pending plot? No. But like I said, D's plot so his rules on this one I guess. My suggestion would be let them be involved if it fits, but keep their air time to a minimal so the Canon can develop more. But like I said, not my plot. Not my rules. But as I mentioned earlier, there shouldn't be a rule against having a sister thread for the OCs to explain what's going on there while the Canon are out having fun.


Just my .02.. or hell, maybe it was worth a dime.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Cowgirl M



Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:10 am

When Junko arrived at the apartment, she assumed Mikko knew Gabriel. She noticed Mikko was very flirty towards him. My big mistake is that it was about an OC knowing Leo, then it became about Mikko, so that was my fault. If you had said something, Rogue, I probably didn't read it, so I really apologize if I had confused you and everyone else. I was simply following what I was being told, but completely skipped that important part. Things just snowballed from there.

If someone would've brought this to my attention earlier, I would've edited the post and correct that mistake. The next time I make a mistake like this in the future, then let me know first. I am not a mind reader.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Tron

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-08-24
Age : 31
Location : NC

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:22 am

So there was a mistake? See, I didn't even realize this and no one informed me of it. I know I haven't spent a lot of my time in Chatzy because, well, obvious reasons. But I do have a PM system and if you guys needed me to edit something before it gets out of hand, and I'm not in Chatzy, PM me. I'll get it. But yeah, that does put a monkey wrench in everything doesn't it? lol. It's a common mistake. Miscommunication is bound to happen. No need to cry over spilt milk, it happens. No worries. But I'm surprised I'm just NOW learning/hearing of this and that plot has been up for, what, close to two weeks? No mention of it came by me at all.

I would have gladly edited. Oh well. It's done. Now, I did notice you called this plot MY plot and I can certainly understand why. But when I come up with this stuff, I post it in here to get feedback because I consider it everyone's plot, not just my own little device. I do understand why you worded it like that as it was I who came up with a lot of it, but not everything was set in stone. It was just there as a rough draft to get others' opinions, including your own. I like input and criticism as much as the next guy. It helps me hear what you guys want and don't really care for so that's always cool. I like hearing from all the members because it gives different outlooks on things.

But yes, I do consider this a plot that not just I have contributed to. It's just one I came up with and added ideas to. Actually, the Mikey capturing is all M's idea. I just decided to toss it into this plot because it seemed to get overlooked and forgotten about in favor of whatever this current plot is. Maybe it's partly my fault because I don't log Chatzy or visit it every single night but... We all have our faults. I'm totally fine with the OCs having their own separate thread if that's what you guys want. I did somehow feel that an idea of similar notion would be brought up. I suppose that works out fine. But yeah, the Dragons/TMNT alliance is unusual.

I'm all for variation and diversity. Not everyone in a gang is evil and not every citizen is an innocent person. I get it. No two people are the same. It's just an odd plot device that if they are such good and understanding people that they would belong to such a notorious and infamous gang of cut-throats led by one of the most diabolical crime lords in New York, and are okay with that. I felt the same when Lazarus and Mikko left the Foot Clan after, like, three days in real time after the apps had been posted explaining that they were Foot characters. Didn't make sense. But that's besides the point. I get you, though. Lexi isn't the typical PD thug.

That's fine.

I just wanted a plot that was more canon-focused instead of having the OCs involved in their lives 24/7, something that only they could really handle. As a team. As a unit. As a family. Meaning Splinter, April and the guys, plus whoever else wanted to join the fun. But this plot was just a figment of my own brainstorming, nothing more. It was never decided that this is what would happen, rain, sleet or snow. It was just an idea that'd been brewing to gather some of the canons that haven't seen much use. I thought it was a productive idea to use these characters and have their use be relevant to something huge like a site plot.

Back to the sister thread in relation to the plot, I get it. The OCs need to be involved I guess. I still don't understand why other than one of them is friends with one turtle and still has yet to meet the entire group, but that's just me. I don't act like I have a say in what others do with their characters. It's not up to me. But it does complicate and confuse things when Purple Dragons are suddenly behind helping the Turtles from their enemies when they, themselves, are considered enemies. Also, the canons deserve a little more development than OCs imho because they're canons. Their development is more relevant to the site than an OC.

But that's just my thought on the subject. A sister thread just seems to excuse the OCs being used for the plot without really being used, and with really no bearing on the plot itself. It's clear the players here choose OC over canon and I'm likely the only one, outside of maybe one other person on here, that plays only canons. Because I only play canons. There have been tons of threads to develop the OCs thus far in the game but very few developing any of the canons, and not even including all canons taken. Just a little handful. I just want to do something to balance it out with the canon/oc stuff and just have fun with the canons for a while. Allow these same players the opportunity to focus a little more on their canons who are honestly more important to this site than the OCs; they have to be, they are the canons. The main focus. The reason it's called a TMNT roleplay and not something else. Because they are meant to be central.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntthebeginning.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Cowgirl M



Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:07 am

I didn't came up with the idea. Its a suggestion that was offered to me when I first signed up. I went through with the idea because I thought it would give Mikey some screen time. It is not unusual that the brothers would get captured, it has happened before in the 2k3 series. Once before by Bishop and by Hun. So of course they are going to go after their brothers, however, they were saved by Splinter if I can recall correctly. Also, Mikey has a tendency to get into hot water himself, being the energetic, innocent turtle that he is.

Nobody says there can't be exceptions. D pretty much hit the nail on the head. No Purple Dragon or Foot soldier is going to think alike. Look at Junko. She may have a conscience but is just as ruthless as the other Foot soldiers and she does it in what she believes is the name of 'love'. She is not going to leave the Foot unless she has a motivation to do so. Right now, she seems contended with staying on the Foot. Primus knows Shredder could use some more followers. I wanted her to be friends with the TMNT, at first, then I noticed everyone else is following suit so I ditched the idea to be different. So that my OC would stand out more.

I don't see what is so wrong with bringing in Irma. Mikko said she is not needed, but I don't see why she can't participate in the story also. And there is nothing wrong with diversity. TMNT is filled with a variety of themes that any writer would love to use. It is why I've seen so many awesome fan fiction coming from talented writers. And they are not always OC centric, either, or focused on shipping. I was just tossing ideas and following the series' canon. Nothing is set in stone.

A part of me is just disappointed that variety and canon is being replaced with OCs. If you want to make a sister thread and post something akin to the one we're brainstorming now, go for it. But I'm with D, I just want to balance everything out, too.

Once again, I apologize if there has been any miscommunication. It happens. All I am asking is when I make a mistake, tag me through PM before it happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:26 am

OCs aren't needed, I get that. It's been said enough and I think that you and D have both expressed that you have no desire to see them involved in the plot that's being brainstormed. You're with D, I get that, too. And that's fine. You say that you agree that there needs to be no OCs, yet want your OC involved more so I'm a little confused....


And this is also beating a dead horse, but I saw no reason to PM you about the mistake since you were in chat and I told you, and you said that you would get to it right after your movie. I also suggested that you wait and just mention it in the next post, but you edited anyway and apparently D had already read the post. Honestly, I just saw it as a lack of interest since you weren't paying attention. No offense and I'm not trying to be mean, but yeah.. I did tell you, and I know you read it because you mentioned that you would edit. If it wouldn't be too much work for Kitteh I would ask her to go back through the logs and see if she could find that conversation.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Cowgirl M



Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:39 am

Just went back to check on that post. Maybe I hadn't been paying attention since I was distracted by whatever I was watching at the time. I have no clue which one it was. Again, I apologize if I made a mistake. How many times do you want me to say it? Until I'm blue in the face? No offense, Rogue, but I think you were criticizing and trying to make me feel bad about what I've did. I never said you were wrong, either. I am perfectly aware that I wasn't paying attention at the time.

*throws hands up on the air* Honestly? I don't know what I want either. At this point I think, what I do need, is a break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:59 am

No, because no one needs repetitiveness so if you wanna repeat until you're blue in the face, to each their own. And how am I trying to make you feel bad? I was just clearing up the fact of what happened, as simple as that. It's on you if you want to flip it around. I was just reminding you since you couldn't remember it being mentioned in chat and went on to say that I should have PMed you to fix it. You're always thinking that everyone is out to get you. Seriously, chill out.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
avatar

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Wherever the drugs are.

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:28 am

Wow this plot thread went south real fast.

I like D's plot idea. I do. it gives Bishop a chance to hop in and I know we're all eager to see Bishop in action. I simply didn't understand why it was Mike. But as you said I was M's thought baby. So of course she would mention it be Mike. Bax can be involved of course. I guess if Bishop pays him enough.

A mistake was made, yes. It confused me too but because nothing was changed I went with it and maybe I shouldn't have, Maybe I should have spoke up about it. That's on me I suppose.

I'm sorry that you guys don't like OCs very much. For me personally I feel Ocs are needed but I've said that already.

I mean you have Leo who is only trying to get closer to Lexi, Raph slept with Mikko. Just these two examples. why would Raph and Leo not keep in touch with the girls? If Mike is in trouble and they are making plans to save him I can see at some point Lexi calling Leo to talk and he telling her what's going on. It's not pointless for that to happen because like April and Casey. Lexi and Mikko (I only use these two OCs as examples as they are the closet to the turtles) are their friends too. no they wouldn't be able to help. Maybe Mikko but lets assume this current plot puts her out of commission for awhile so no they couldn't help, But that's no reason for them to lose contact with the guys.

I hate to see all this fighting over a plot and OCs. We're suppose to be having fun and honestly this isn't fun. I know how Rogue feels as her and I have talked and honestly I see her point. Things like this make me worry that the whole site will fall apart, This is what I have you know. This and MO that hope comes back to life soon. You guys are my only friends, once all this is gone, and everyone moves on I have nothing. So lets stop fighting. alright.

Now then. Like D said in chat, this bishop plot isn't for right here right now! It was a thought he had with the help of M. nothing is set in stone and they wanted everyone's input. sadly I don't think they got the input they expected, least with me.

now I've said my peace on the two female OCs and the guys. lets talk foot and dragon.

I actually agree with D. Laz wasn't suppose to leave the foot so suddenly. I had planed from the start that Mikko wasn't going to stick around because I wanted her for once to be a good guy sense everything I always play her on she's evil and crazy. I wanted her to be friends with Lexi and Gabe and the turtles and stuff. So why make her a foot you might ask. Because I wanted her to have that back ground. I wanted her to be able to fight and there was more personal reason too. Laz was suppose to stick around but shit happens. I do plan on making another OC (yes another one) who is going to be an elite foot and he is going to stick around for ever! (shits been going on with me and I haven't typed up the profile yet)

Now Dragons. I only play two Tiph and Eze. Tiph ONLY joined the dragons to be closer to Gabe. She is no thug but any sense of the word. In fact she can't even shoot a gun. She's a singer and hopeless romantic that hopes Gabe notices her one day. Eze however is your hardcore thug. He's high on the food chain. He will not be befriending the turtles. In fact he wan't nothing to do with them. If hun told Eze to kill Leo he would. He follows orders and his friends have to deal with that.

So yes it is strange for the so called baddies to be befriending the turtles. But the ones making friends were never really bad.

No one is trying to make anyone feel bad! M, no one is out to get you. No one is even mad at you. it was a mistake you were distracted shit happens. There is no reason we can't continue the plot as is. believe it or not we are your friends and Rogue is trying really hard to make everyone happy.

I'm not really good at playing peace keeper. But I feel someone needs to. I know that Rogue is going to go to bed stressed and maybe M is too. maybe even D. I am! fucking A man!

I feel this started because I put in my two cents about the OCs. So I'm sorry I started shit. that's my bad. lets just clear our heads. and come back together in a better mood. and continue our plot.

I think that's all I have to say.

peace out!

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Cowgirl M



Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:53 am

Mikko, don't feel bad about expressing your opinion. I shouldn't have gotten angry. All I want is for the canon to be given a chance. As for why I wanted to use Mikey, I already said it. He was going to wear his Turtle Titan gig, goofs up big time, winds up in Bishop's lair, but since no one is up for it, then I guess we should save it for some other time.

Things just got heated up. It happens. I've seen this all the time in fandom. You have two groups with opposing views. One in favor of OCs, the other in favor of canon. When two sides come together, shit hits the fan.

I'm not going to lie, I do have a tendency to over react. That is due to my distrusting nature, something that I need to work on. So yeah, I do owe Rogue an apology.

Right now, I am just...tired. Tired of the fighting, having to repeat myself. All I want is for this to blow over so we can go back to enjoying the game. Maybe we can come up with some kind of compromise, figure out what works for all of us.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
D-Tron

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2014-08-24
Age : 31
Location : NC

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Far as I'm concerned, this is the perfect thread to do this sort of thing. I don't even know why everyone is stressed or upset. It's plotting, we're supposed to have conflicting views to help create an awesome plot for the future. I'm so glad this is happening actually because it proves to me that you all care and give a damn about this place so much that arguing back and forth, minus the blame game, has somehow helped. You might not see it yet but look what we've accomplished since my first post on it:

• No one in favor of aliens or other dimensions YET
• Bishop is kidnapping Michelangelo instead of an OC
• The Turtle family is going to be involved and fighting as a unit
• A lot of canons will get used, which was the entire point
• Erica is interested in finally playing! Razz

I think this thread has made good progress from myself just having come up with a couple of ideas, it's morphed into a decent story that all we have to do now is iron out the details. There's still work to do, yes, but we've come far from my first simple post about having an idea for another plot in the future. So, honestly I'm surprised we're even fighting at all. Having a different opinion helps one decide what is going to work for a site plot and what won't, as far as member vote goes. This is the entire point for having a plot thread.

No one ever just agrees and that's it. Never. It takes input from you guys to help me make a good, deep and interesting plot that you guys wish to be a part of; and you helped! No, this pointless fighting and placing blame isn't what this site is all about. It's about us. About this. I think amidst all this fighting we forgot what was really at stake here and that's coming up with another plot once our current one has finished because we will need to decide on another one anyway and why not have it be about the canons this time around?

Balancing these characters is what's important. This is what's valuable versus who's more important: canon or oc? This was the point I was trying to make. Not to start an oc vs canon war, but to remind the players that canons and ocs should be on balanced time. Too much focus on one particular set, oc or canon, will undoubtedly hurt this site more than this fighting ever could and that's a fact. I've seen it happen firsthand with my own two eyes. So, let's all just try to chill out and remember that heated discussion also brings results.

It's not always a bad thing to have different views. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntthebeginning.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:58 pm

Mikko wrote:
This and MO that hope comes back to life soon. You guys are my only friends, once all this is gone, and everyone moves on I have nothing. So lets stop fighting. alright.


Pffft. Even if the forums fall apart and everyone completely disappears to their other forums, you still have me. Wink You've been an amazing friend throughout the years and I'm not going to let that go just because a board disappears. *hugs* We've always managed to keep RP going for what.. over 7 years? I don't see that going away with the death of a forum that has only known life for a few short months, *IF* that happened. Honestly I think it's going to take more than a misunderstanding to bring it down. Though, it is discouraging seeing people taking the offensive because they don't share an opinion or they think the world is out to get them because something has to be clarified. But moving on....


Mikko wrote:
I feel this started because I put in my two cents about the OCs. So I'm sorry I started shit. that's my bad. lets just clear our heads. and come back together in a better mood. and continue our plot.



I should spank you. You should NEVER feel bad for expressing your opinion. If you feel that you opened a flood gate, don't. My views would have been posted anyway, even though I figured at least one person would go on the defensive and lash out because I don't agree and sometimes I do question things that make no sense to me. It's not me trying to be mean.. just me trying to understand another's logic, because fuck.. this is what a discussion thread is about. It's no one's fault for having their own opinion, but everyone should keep an open mind when arguing their point and not automatically get their panties in a wad. As you stated, RP is meant for fun and it's not fun when people are at each other's throats. It's also no fun when you can't give your opinion or discuss something because someone is going to blow up and accuse you of victimizing them.


But anyway..... Yeah. You have nothing to feel bad about, Mikko. Other's had stated their opinions and it's okay that yours differs. You're brave for posting it, even though it goes against the previous two opinions. As I mentioned, I do agree that OCs should have a part if and when it is needed. OCs ARE important. Without them, the Turtles would be on repeat with the whole Shredder/Bishop/Baxter deal. There's only so many times those plots can be done before they become redundant and boring. ( ex. Scene 500,321.. the Turtles battle Shredder...again for the thousandth time...') If you're going to have anything with any hint of longevity, you do need the diversity in storyline that OCs provide. And before anyone decides to blow what I just said out of proportion, I am no way implying that the Canon baddies aren't important or needed, so don't start. Razz Just trying to make a point.


D wrote:

I'm all for variation and diversity. Not everyone in a gang is evil and not every citizen is an innocent person. I get it. No two people are the same. It's just an odd plot device that if they are such good and understanding people that they would belong to such a notorious and infamous gang of cut-throats led by one of the most diabolical crime lords in New York, and are okay with that.

Mikko wrote:

So yes it is strange for the so called baddies to be befriending the turtles. But the ones making friends were never really bad.


I was just going to stop trying to defend my earlier explanation about levels of devotion, but since it's been brought up again...Razz


Perhaps it is an odd device to some, but heck.. there was even a Canon PD that was a 'good and understanding person'.. yet, she still belonged to a notorious and infamous gang of cut throats led by one of the most diabolical crime lords in New York, and she was okay with that. Razz Anyone remember .. *clears throat* Angel?? Yes she was young but the OC being questioned isn't no granny herself. Lexi's downfall was that she was dating a thug and had the misfortune of gaining the 'attention' of a few from the opposite gang. The Dragons offered her protection because she brought something to the table. Eye-candy, and that shit makes for an awesome decoy. So no. She's not hardened by the streets nor did she join for why the majority do. I'm not trying to toot my own OCs horn, just trying to do that dangerous thing...explaining...


M, yes. You did misunderstand me. It happens. Maybe I would be more offended if you haven't lashed out like this before at other members, so I know it's your nature. I was informed of some of the conversation that went on in chat last night and you accused me of looking for someone to blame and that I was attacking you. Just to clear the air because I do deserve a right to defend myself...I have no need for someone to blame. You were just confused about something and I was trying to clear something up. I have no reason or desire to attack you, there's nothing nor is there enjoyment in that kind of stuff for me. :/ I'm not the horrible person that you think I am. I'm also not in denial about the going-ons of the forum...I'm here every night. Maybe I shouldn't bring this stuff up but since I was apparently the hot topic of last night's chat, I do have the right to explain myself.


And I'm in agreement with everyone that has stated that there needs to be BALANCE in the stories. With that being said, completely eliminating one 'group' or the other isn't balance, but as I stated before it's the game creator's decision. Half agree, half don't. Kitteh hasn't said much, but she did mention that she felt they should be allowed to interact where needed.


There's more I wanted to say, I'm sure.. but I'm going on no sleep so if I've missed something, I'll be back with it. Razz


IN OTHER NEWS.....

Current plot!


Not sure if anyone is even interested, but if so...I'm trying to hash out how to salvage it. We currently have Mikko trying to save Gabriel, and we all know this can't happen if we're going to see this thing out as 'remotely' intended. My suggestion would be to have someone subdue her and force her to watch Gabriel's public torture. Yeah, I know..dreadful angst. But hey, I don't wanna hear it. Razz We're about to go with a 'Mike gets captured plot' for goodness sake..as voted by the ones not wanting angst...


..anyway. Back to my five seconds of air time....


Eze and the gang arrive after things are more calm and Mikko is captured and Shreds can get his point across. The 'meeting' goes on as planned. The bag is removed from Gabriel's head.. the beating commences. My idea is that Shredder stops within an inch of Gabe's life, eyes narrowed, addresses the crowd. Lets them know this is what happens when you befriend Mikko... and Turtles (maybe we can assume that Shredder heard Junko about that part.. but up to D). Then he asks anyone who is brave enough to step forward and 'claim him', without elaborating his intent. Maybe he's testing the crowd to see who could possibly betray him in the future. The crowd assumes this is another one of Shredder's harsh punishments, because after the bladed whipping, Saki has a katana against Gabriel's neck and decapitation seems inevitable. For all the crowd knows, if they go for them, they risk being killed themselves. But Lexi goes for him. Maybe Ezekiel, but that is up to Mikko. Soon after... TURTLES! They arrive, cast the room in darkness and shit hits the fan. They free Mikko and help get the bloody mess that is Gabriel out of the building.


Of course D, if you have input.. let's hear it! Very Happy Your Canons are a HUGE part of this...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:42 pm

Excellent points, Rogue. You bring a lot of good stuff up. You and Mikko both. That's what it's all about! Brilliant strategy bringing up Angel. That was almost too brilliant. I gotta give you a 'thumbs up' for that one. However, I will counter it by also bringing to the table that Angel is also trying to change the Dragons into a sort of 'city watch' team and break them from being petty criminals. So it's her trying to make a difference within the Dragons and still failing, at least in IDW. In the 2k3 show she was a young and impressionable kid who had something to prove and, though she wasn't bad at heart, she didn't want to leave the gang until Casey was about to be tortured proving she really didn't want that life. She joined from her own impulsiveness without any prior knowledge to what the PDs were all about. It seems the OCs already knew what they were about which confuses me.

So... Going by that statement, is Lexi going to leave them if Hun and the other Dragons torture someone and she doesn't agree with it? Will it take someone close to her for her to do such a brave thing? Or what if it's someone she doesn't even know? Say for example Hun kidnaps some random innocent guy or a couple of lovers and tortures them. Would she leave then or would she not care and still be a PD? I'd find it hard to swallow that any of the so-called understanding thugs would leave after being with the gang for so long. But that's what made Angel work. She wasn't really bad, no, but she still wanted to leave after seeing what they were about. It seems the OCs have remained with Hun for a while now and pretty much grew up with the gang, in a way. So, again, would they dare leave him?

So that's my counter argument.

Your ideas and suggestions for the ongoing plot are fine by me. I have no issues with the torture of Gabe, the rescue of Gabe, etc. That works well. It would end on a semi-happy note and that's what a couple of our members do want rather than a ton of angst. So your suggestions are duly noted and fine by me! Razz Yes, Shredder's intent was certainly to find out who he can trust for the long run and who needs to be decapitated on the spot so, again, fine by me. I honestly feel Shredder would allow them to claim Gabriel just because his own sinister mind would find enjoyment in letting them think they've won. But also have them question what did they really win today? Their friend is a bloody mess, they didn't truly stop the Foot, they will continue to be criminals and will continue to 'step over' the good people of NYC.

In my mind, it's basically saying 'yeah... you got Gabriel back, but at what cost?' Some good mind-fucking going on and a lot of character development for the OCs. Gives them something to really think about. Something to haunt them for a while. They suddenly realize that this is why Shredder owns a good majority of the city because of his maniacal methods and psychological warfare tactics on his enemies. It's a recurring theme. The TMNT always put a temporary stop to any and all of his plans, but he always returns. With a new plan. A fresh scheme. It's what keeps them bounding constantly because when you think about it the TMNT never really win. They just put an indefinite monkey wrench in his plans.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Hey guys: Rogue, M...

I did a Casey post in the Big Scoop thread. I felt it would be funny to do so since both are right there and Casey hasn't really been included yet. Plus, it adds to the overall hijinks of having all 3 of them in the same room together. Casey being in a Channel 6 news office just seemed like good comedy. I know I didn't ask first so if it's not okay just let me know and I'll remove it. But I just wanted to try it, cause that thread has so much potential to be better than it is. Razz

Just wanted to let you know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Haha! Looove that post! Very Happy Of course Casey is invited. Razz With Irma and Casey bouncing off each other, this will be an interesting and comical scene. ^^

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Cowgirl M



Posts : 39
Join date : 2014-09-14
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:51 pm

So much for retiring Irma. Sounds okay to me. I also got an idea for a post, with your permission D. Since the plan is not to kill Gabriel, I thought Junko intervenes by 'sweet talking' Shredder that he made his point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue
Admin
avatar

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:39 am

Oroku Saki wrote:
OOC: The turtles are invading the Tower? Damn, I didn't even know this was happening. I thought the plot was pretty much over once he released Gabe. Seems moot to have them attack his Tower now. I think we should save the battle for later, honestly. It seems pretty much resolved for the most part.


Someone has to get Mikko out. Wink

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tmntorigins.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Oh, I thought my post implied she was free to go with the rest of them. Huh. It was the intention anyway. o.o
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
avatar

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Wherever the drugs are.

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:40 pm

we have been talking about the turtles coming to the tower for days. we were specifically waiting for Gabe and them to leave before the turtles came. and yeah someone needs to save Mikko. Karai still has her up against a wall.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:35 pm

That's weird and makes little sense. So, Shredder lets them leave in peace only to be attacked moments later? Hmm... Eh, I'm not interested so you can skip over me. I'll just exit Shredder out. That defeats the whole purpose of his 'they think they've won' plan. I thought the TMNT would be there while Gabriel was still there. Not interested in another finish to the site plot we had just before this one. Saki and Brad are exited.
Back to top Go down
Mikko McKinnon
Original Character
avatar

Posts : 1659
Join date : 2014-08-25
Age : 28
Location : Wherever the drugs are.

PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:41 pm

also I would like to add, that the plot doesn't just end. it keeps going. eze has to convince Gabe to go to the hospital. Mikko and Eze are going to have a fight which is going to leave Mikko homeless for a while.

I don't understand the whole. "finishing the plot" the story is never ending, plots just get added to it. that's how I've always played. what happens to Bradford? does he die? does he get to the hospital? you need to continue that. if he lives does he have a grudge against Mikko for shooting him, what about Junko? what's happening with her? This part of the story is far from over.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toxic-asylum.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Got Plots?   

Back to top Go down
 
Got Plots?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Got Plots?
» Summertime. (Open to All)
» FO:E RP/OOCRP Corner
» Anyone have any plots they are looking to start and need characters?
» Player Character's Guide: Ranks and Stations of Drow Society

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TMNT Origins RPG :: The Land of the Dead :: The Archives-
Jump to: